Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mt Rushmore Rocks - 6/14

I loaded the pics in reverse order.  Sorry these are dark - I'm using my camera and I set it low to have more to work w/when I process for myself later (don't have the right software on Pat's laptop).  

It is pretty cool to see those big heads on the mountain and hear the story about how they got there.  B was less impressed, but she enjoyed completing the junior ranger program and being sworn in by a park ranger.  She got a badge and we bought her the patch that she can put on her  girl scout vest.

The brownish sculpture is a model the Mt Rushmore sculptor made 1/2 way through the process.  The rest of  Mt Rushmore was not carved due to faults in the stone on the mountain.  At least that's the story...I say that after 14 years, they probably just got tired!  :)





No comments: