Wednesday, June 25, 2008

RV Living

Joy again (posting under Pat's sign in)

I'm sure some of you are wondering if I've yet cracked under the strain.  Nope.  But I am REALLY looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again.  And not having to flip switches and fill the toilet before I use it.  And not having the contents of my fridge shift and fly out at me almost every time I open the door.  And not having to wait 20 mins for hot water before taking a 4 min or less shower on a good day.  And not living on a tilt 80% of my time.  

But there are benefits to this experience.  Early in the trip, B said she likes "living a smaller life".  I have to agree.  The hotel we stayed in last night seemed so spacious, and I could easily imagine living comfortably in it, although it was about 1/10 the size of my home.  It will be interesting to see how we react when we get back to our home in TX.  

One of the other benefits of staying in this rv.  The views change regularly and are exceedingly beautiful!!

2 comments:

Grandma Kate said...

I guess it does get a little old being cramped and not having the luxary of home But, wow, what memories you are storing up. I actually didn't think you would last that long. But you are a champ so keep going! The experience will be worth it. Being home all the time gets pretty tiring too!

Kate :)

Joy said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure some of my friends (and relatives??) were placing bets on how long I would last....

:)